You can find all the answers about the Apps and Services here.
No further configurations are needed for the e-Remote packages. The vehicle is equipped with Car-Net technology as standard.
To be able to use the Guide & Inform Services, you must order at least one of the navigation systems (Discover Media or Discover Pro). In addition, the "Guide & Inform" item must be selected in the Car-Net category in the special equipment step in the configurator.
The following options may also come in useful:
- "Comfort" mobile telephone interface: this additional option improves smartphone reception in the vehicle, thus making the Internet connection even quicker and even more stable.
- “Premium” mobile telephone interface: a separate modem with its own mobile antenna improves the mobile signal, making the Internet connection quicker and even more stable. Select this option if you want to establish the mobile connection via a separate SIM card or if your smartphone is equipped with the rSAP Bluetooth® profile.
The Car-Net Services may be used free of charge without any additional obligations for at least the first 12 months, if the customer registers for use as the initial owner of the vehicle within 90 days of handover. The period of this free phase of use depends on your particular country and the model, model year and the vehicle equipment. You can find further information on this matter on the Car-Net portal and in your Car manual.
Following this period, the Services can be extended on the Car-Net portal for an additional fee.
Please note: Car-Net Services are only available in conjunction with an existing mobile phone contract between you and your mobile phone company or with a contract concluded separately for this purpose, and only where coverage is available. Depending on your mobile phone tariff, receiving data from the Internet may incur additional charges (e.g. roaming charges), particularly if you are using Car-Net abroad. Due to the amount of data needed when using Car-Net Services, we strongly recommend signing up to a flat data rate with your mobile phone provider.
There are a number of different ways to connect the vehicle to the Internet:
1. You connect your smartphone to the navigation system via Wi-Fi. For this option, you must have a smartphone with Internet capability that is able to act as a personal Wi-Fi hotspot. The navigation system then has to be connected to the hotspot.
2. You connect your Internet-capable smartphone to your "Premium" mobile telephone interface. For this option, your smartphone has to support the rSAP Bluetooth® protocol (remote SIM Access Profile).
3. Your vehicle is equipped with the "Premium" mobile telephone interface and you insert a SIM card (with a data plan) into the SIM card slot in your vehicle's glove compartment. Many mobile network operators offer separate SIM cards in addition to the SIM cards used in your smartphone (so-called dual or multi-SIMs).
4. You insert a UMTS stick (Volkswagen Car-Stick) with an integrated SIM card (with a data plan) into your vehicle's USB port.
5. Your vehicle is equipped with an OCU (Onboard Connectivity Unit) and therefore has an integrated SIM card installed as standard. Your vehicle can use this solution to connect to the Internet.
No, they are not. The Car-Net Services that you can use depend on the availability of the individual Services in your country and on the vehicle's model, model year and equipment. You can find further information on this matter on the Car-Net portal and in your Car manual.
To find out whether your smartphone is compatible with Car-Net, please check the compatibility list at www.volkswagen.com/Car-Net
No, at present the Car-Net Services are only available in selected models. You can find out which Volkswagen models support Car-Net and which Service packages are available at www.volkswagen.com/Car-Net
No, the Services are always only available as a package.
Please check whether
- you have created a User account for using the Services on the Car-Net portal
- you have added your vehicle to your customer account on the Car-Net portal and
- you are still within the contract period.
Please note: We carry out maintenance at regular intervals on our servers that provide the Services. As a rule, this is carried out at night. At these times, the Services will unfortunately not be available to you for a short period of time. If you have any further queries, you can contact Volkswagen Customer Service at any time.
Yes, it can. The quality of the mobile Internet connection and so also the transfer speed can vary depending on the Location. The mobile network coverage can vary considerably in some cases, depending on the region and the mobile network provider. Your mobile network provider can provide you with information about the applied mobile network standards and coverage. Apart from that, other factors may also have a considerable influence. For instance, in underground car parks or tunnels it may sometimes not be possible to set up a connection at all, or only a low-quality one.
Yes, it is necessary to create a User account in order to be able to use our range of Services.
As soon as you have successfully registered, you will receive an automatic confirmation email to the email address you entered during registration. Please then click on the link in the confirmation email. This will take you back to the Car-Net website where you can log in again. You have then successfully completed the registration process. To be able to use these Services, you must allocate a vehicle to your User account.
Please note that it may take a few minutes for the confirmation email to reach your inbox. Please also check in the spam folder in your mailbox. If you cannot find it there either, please create another User account or contact the customer hotline.
More detailed information can be found in the Privacy section.
No such software is installed in the app.
Communication with the network and authentication processes are already protected (HTTPS and mobile pairing). Installing a firewall or anti-virus software is recommended for Android devices. This is not necessary for iPhones™ or iPads™.
You can find both documents in your Customer Portal.
Yes. The mobile pairing connection between individual devices can be blocked. It will then be impossible to use the Services without re-pairing the device. The app is also PIN-protected – the PIN has to be re-entered after at least 10 minutes.
In order to use a Car-Net-compatible electric vehicle by Volkswagen, you have to allocate the vehicle to your User account. To do this, log in to the website using the Login button and then enter your VIN (vehicle identification number, or chassis number). Depending on the Service package, you will have to specify the precise mileage (km) for identification purposes or you will receive an eight-digit PIN, which you have to enter in the navigation system of your vehicle.
The VIN (vehicle identification number or chassis number) is the individual identification number of your Volkswagen. You will need it for identification and to set up your Car-Net profile. You will find your VIN on the outside right, lower corner of the windscreen or on your vehicle's sill panel moulding.
Entering the exact mileage (km) or the PIN in your vehicle will ensure that you are the only person able to access your vehicle via the Customer Portal or the Car-Net app.